Interested in pursuing the admissions process?
Here's how it works:
- Come for a visit. From October through early May we have a weekly public tour - Wednesdays at 10:00. At other times of the year just call or email to schedule a tour. The first visit works best if it's with both parents and without children.
- Complete the Application for Enrollment (available when you visit).
- Now we look forward to meeting your child. We might even want him/her to make an independent visit to a classroom. Also, parents should plan to return to observe in a classroom. (Here are some tips for observation.) Good days for Primary classroom observations are Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Your Application is reviewed, and you may be contacted for more information. For applicants at the Elementary level we request student records from their current school.
- An enrollment decision is made and communicated to parents. If an offer of enrollment is given, parents are asked to sign an Enrollment Agreement for the academic year.
Here's what we're looking for in our applicants:
- Children whose parents are interested in forming a partnership with the school for their child's education.
- Families who are eager to join our School Community and understand what we do.
- Children admitted to the Primary Program must be:
- Toilet-trained and independent in the bathroom.
- Able to separate from parents for the duration of the school day and take direction from an adult.
- Children applying for a full day program must be able to do without a regular nap.
- It's preferred that applicants to our Elementary program have prior Montessori experience, though it isn't a requirement. Elementary students without prior Montessori experience are asked to visit the program for two days and participate in an interview with the Head of School and an Elementary guide.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or any of its programs.